Friday, May 13, 2011

Beating the Odds

I was solo roaming around my old area of Otou in my trusty Stabber Fleet.  I entered Thelan and saw a Navy Hookbill on scan along with a Rupture at a nearby belt.  I warped in and saw them fighting each other. Since I prefer a faction ship kill I pointed and webbed the Hookbill.  As I did so, two Thoraxes from the same corp landed on me.  The Rupture beat it out of there and I knew I was in for a fight.

The hookbill tried to pull out of scram range but since I had it webbed and a flight of Warrior IIs on it, it didn't last very long. Since my mission was accomplished I started trying to get away from the Thoraxes but they were right on top of me and both had me webbed.  I launched ECM drones on one and burned back towards the other and put myself in a tight orbit.  I started tearing into his armor with RF fusion and I webbed him for good measure.  It took longer than the Hookbill but the Thorax went down.

By this time the Stabber was in deep armor. I started trying to put distance between myself and the other undamaged Thorax while spamming the warp button.  ECM drones were doing jack for me but I noticed that the Thorax wasn't doing very much damage.  If I had noticed this sooner, I think I would have put myself in orbit around him but I just entered his optimal and my armor dipped into structure.  Since I was flying a buffer tanked SFI, I didn't have reppers so I had to GTFO.  I put my webs on him and overheated my AB.  Either I made it out of scram range or my ECM drones got the jam because I warped out of there with 8% (yes 8%) structure left.

I could feel the anger coming from the Thorax pilot.  Not only did I kill two of this guy's buds and get away, I did it with a sliver of structure left.  It was quite the rush.  The only bad part was I didn't get to loot the wrecks but I will take what I can get.

1 comment: