Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Don't Confuse Luck with Skill

Sorry for the lack of postings.  RL and Eve have been very busy.  We'd had some diplomatic issues with blues come up that ended up with a big standings reset.  One of the corps in our alliance has left.  I knew all along the departure was inevitable due to some very big cultural differences between that corp and the rest of the alliance.  I'd actually thought that this split was going to be handed in a friendly manner for once until the CEO of that corp decided to write a blog posting about how great his corp is and how bad Yarr was for not being grateful enough for their advice on everything.   Add an alliance move and you can imagine how busy my Eve time has become.

However before all this drama kicked off a few of us decided to try to suicide gank a hulk in a nearby .5 system.  Suicide thrashers were fitted and I sent my cloaky alt in to get us a warp in point.  The ice belt he was in had a lot of cans and junk around so I was a little too cautious with my warp in.  Our gank landed outside of optimal so we lost our ships to Concord before we could kill him.  It sucked but it happens.

As we warped our pods back to low sec I saw the miner put out a "LOL" in local.  That's to be expected.  Anyone who survives after the shock of a high sec gank will probably use a little of that adrenaline to brag a little.  But this miner talked shit.  And talked shit.  And sent convo requests talking shit.  And send Eve mails talking shit.  It went on and on forever.

Finally I got tired of it and accepted his convo.  I explained that yes, he survived a gank.  Good job and all that but he is apparently mistaking his luck for skill.  I let him know his constant crowing about getting lucky has now made him a special project of the Yarr Collective and that we have sec status and ships to waste just to show him how unlucky he can be.

This pretty much shut him up but you can't take it back once the trigger is pulled.  Two days later he found himself getting a face full of shut the fuck up from a suicide mega and an email titled "The Yarr Collective Sends Their Regards".  I haven't heard much else from him since then.

Thanks to our member Planetary Genocide for tracking that fool down.



No comments:

Post a Comment