Friday, October 22, 2010

Buck's ships

So what do I fly?  Well I started off with the Caldari ships like Merlin, Caracal, and Drake.  I can even fly a badly fit Raven for ratting purposes. However since I never mission, and rarely rat, Caldari didn't seem right for me.  I read that Gallente had pretty good PVP ships so I tried out the Vexor and Thorax.  While they were good ships, I hated the short range and need to micromanage large drone bays.  I wanted something simple and effective.  

Then I found an earlier version of this guide

Minmatar sounded perfect for what I was looking for.  Simple armor tank, effective guns, and good ship types.  You have the option of orbiting at 500k and raping face or using barrage and keeping some distance.  So I went Minmatar and that's where I stay.

I fly Jags if I want something quick for chasing ratters.  I fly Canes when I want to be able to engage most targets or fight on a gate.  I use the cheap yet awesome Rupture when I think I will probably die.  When I'm feeling pimp, I fly the amazing Dramiel.  I was going to train for Minmatar interceptors but the Dram makes that ship class obsolete IMO.

I can fly the Vagabond but I have no business doing so.  Me in a Vagabond is the same as giving a 16 yr old boy the keys to a Ferrari.  It's irresponsible, expensive, dangerous, and no good will come of it.  If you check my KB, you will see some pretty pathetic Vagabond losses.

However I am getting the urge to buy another one and have a go.  I practiced in a Stabber and still sucked so it's probably not a good idea.  

I'm probably still gonna do it.  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Buy lotsa Stabbers
    2. Fly them
    3. Learn to kill stuff flying them
    4. Get into a Vagabond
    5. Win EVE.

    =) o7

    ReplyDelete