Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Big Cup of Frustration

First off, go to my buddy's blog (Planetary Genocide) and read about his most recent corp theft.  It is truly an epic tale of epic epicness!  That is real piracy boys and girls.

Now back to my story:

I had the most frustrating roam last night.  None of my mates were on the other night so I decided on a nice long solo roam.  I loaded up the trusty Stabber Fleet Issue (my current favorite ship) and headed out from Otou with no particular destination in mind.  I ended up in Hagilur.  This system seems to be home of an alliance called The Space Police.    They remind me of the old Roughnecks in Aeschee in that the system is always full but they are usually afk.

I noticed three ships ratting together in a belt.  It seemed to be a cruiser, destroyer, and a frigate.  Since I incredibly overconfident in my abilities and the Stabber, I decided to take them all on.  I knew I had to be quick so I could kill them before Space Police start undocking to help.  Unfortunately I landed just as they were warping off.  I chased them to another belt but they warped to a high sec gate and waited.  I noticed a couple of battleships showed up on scan so I realized I missed my chance and I left.

The next system (Aradr) had a harbinger running a mission or plex.  I scanned him down but when I warped to the mission, I landed too far off.  Even though the Stabber is wicked fast, he warped off and left system before I could get to him.

I decided to check out a little diamond formation of low-sec systems that connects with  Frerstorn.  My probe ship was able to scan down a Stabber Fleet running a mission.  In my excitement, I meant to fleet warp my main to him but I only warped my prober alt.  I landed next to a wreck and uncloaked.  I quickly warped Buck to the target and unassed my alt from the area.  While I landed quick enough to target him, my alt spooked him enough for him to warp out before I could get a point on him.  Goddamn it.  I left my cloakly alt on that spot for a while while Buck hid in another system hoping the Stabber come back but he never did.

*sigh*

After that I came across a Blackbird running a mission.  I probed him down and warped my main to him but I landed 40km off.  I overheated my MWD and sped towards him while praying to the gods.  Of course he warped off.  This was getting ridiculous.

At this point I vowed that I was not going to leave my PC until I either died from exhaustion or I freaking killed something.  If I had to fly into high-sec and suicide gank a shuttle in my faction ship, someone was going to die.  Hell I was even considering blowing up my alt.

I had left my alt at the mission site and Buck left system.  The Blackbird came back and resumed killing rats.  I bookmarked a wreck right next to him and warped my alt to the gate.  Buck jumped in and I fleet warped him to zero.  This time I was finally able to seal the deal.

While I don't consider this noob cruiser an epic kill, it was enough to let me log off and finally go to bed.  Hopefully next time I will have an easier time of it.  God I wish I had caught that Stabber Fleet Issue.

1 comment:

  1. No joke! I edited this post to have a link to that story of true piracy

    ReplyDelete