Sunday, December 26, 2010

Frustrated yet?

I lost my Stabber Fleet Issue last night. Another Tusker, Robert Mason, was in a Fed Comet and got pointed by a Cynabal in Onne.  I was right there and couldn't pass up a chance to get in on this fight.  Unfortunately it was a trap and a Veto gang jumped in.  It didn't help that I forgot I had GCC and was taking aggro from sentry guns at the same time.

The results were predictable.  What hurts even more is that I forgot that I had a bunch of loot in my hold so I lost about 30 mil worth of various junk.  Ah well. Easy come, easy go.  It was worth it to get a shot at a Cynabal.

After that debacle I went on a little solo roam in Placid.  I took a short cut through a couple of Syndicate 0.0 systems and then remembered why I hate 0.0.  There were freaking bubbles everywhere!  I had my cloaky scout with me so I was able to avoid them but they are a serious pain.  Cheetah FTW!

Once I got back in lowsec I saw a Myrm on scan in Oulley.  I took my Cheetah to a planet and dropped probes.  Right as I did so, the Myrm showed up on my overhead.  He was about 150km off the planet and was sitting there with Ogre drones orbiting him.  Hmmm...

I cloaked up and used my probes to get a 100% lock on him.  Then I warped Buck over in his Jag and landed right on top of him.  It was a fun fight even if it was pretty one-sided.  He was stabbed but my scram overrode that.  He kept breaking my lock so I figured he was ECM fit.  However I had a fast locking ability so each time it went off, I would relock him before he could align to warp out.  He put up a good fight but the ending was inevitable.

I can only imagine how frustrating it was for him to be stabbed and ECM fit and yet still die to a solo ship. Of course I noticed that the ship was tri-tanked so he may have been too new to really know what was even going on.

1 comment:

  1. I love it when they fit one stab! Had one guy telling me the other day that his game was bugged cos his Thorax with one stab couldn't warp away. I felt like bashing my head against the wall after trying to 'be nice' and explain it to him that my scram beats one stab. Lol.

    MB.

    ReplyDelete