Thursday, January 13, 2011

Greed Kills

One of the best tools for getting kills isn't a warp scram or a cloaking device.  Heck, it isn't even having a shiny ship.  The best tool is something that my opponent brings to the field.  That tool is greed.

I'm not a big fan of fair fights.  I like to choose my targets and attack when I think that the odds are overwhelmingly in my favor.  That means my target of choice is usually mission runners.  Sometimes they are easy to catch and sometimes they are extremely careful.  One thing that usually works in my favor though is the fact once a mission runner starts a mission, he really really hates to abandon it.

Take this guy for example. I warped into his mission as he was almost finished. I was too far from him and he warped off.  I exited the system and waited a couple of minutes.  Then I jumped back in and warped straight to the mission.  Sure enough, he was busy looting the wrecks.  I landed on top of him and it was all over.  In local he told me that he came back because he couldn't resist the loot in the wreck.

Then there is this fella. I stuck my head in this dead-end system and saw two destroyers working a mission together.  I warped in on them and one fled immediately.  The other one was too slow and died.  In local his buddy told me that he warned him that I was probably enroute to kill him but he took too long to kill that last rat.

Finally there is this victim.  I busted this mission in a Hurricane.  The target Drake warped off and docked up. I docked and came back out in my Stabber and warped back to the mission gate.  I figured that the pilot would be checking d-scan for my Hurricane and wouldn't be as suspicious about the cruiser.  Sure enough, he warped to the mission gate at 0km and was quickly pointed and killed.

I love greedy mission runners.

No comments:

Post a Comment