Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rich Newbie

I had my most expensive solo kill the other night.  I am very proud of it.

I peeked my head in Kubinen just to see what was going on and I was very surprised to see a Raven Navy Issue on D-Scan.  Surely he would warp out once he saw a flashy -10 sec status pirate in local.  When he stayed on directional, I had my alt drop probes even though I fully expected him to flee as soon as probes showed up on scan.

He stayed put and I quickly got him scanned down.  My heart was pounding as I warped to him.  No way would he still be there.  Imagine my surprise when I landed in the middle of a bunch of wrecks and saw that beautiful Raven Navy Issue sitting there.  I started spamming the approach button and thanked the stars that I had a long point fitted.  Of course with his align time, I probably had plenty of time.

I locked him up and immediately started pounding him with RF EMP while using my dual neuts.  It actually took a couple of cycles before he responded.  I suspect that he was AFK and simply just tanking the rats.

The end was actually very quick (love you dual neuts) and satisfying.  My KB put the loss as 685 million.  Unfortunately the loot drop sucked.  The pilot warped off before I could lock his pod and disappeared from local without a single tear.  I was very surprised when I looked up the toon and saw that he was only about 1 and 1/2 months old.

How the hell does a newbie afford a half billion isk ship and not utter a peep when it goes pop?  His battleclinic page shows zero activity except for this loss.

While I don't have any proof, I suspect isk trading.  When I was a 1 1/2 month old character, I was scrambing to fit my rifter properly.  No way I could afford a faction battleship.  Hell, I can still barely afford it.
If he is earning isk legally, I sure would love to know his secret.

Well at least it gave me an awesome kill.  Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Epic kill dude! He prolly just bought some PLEX and sold them... then watched his $30 go up in smoke :).

    ReplyDelete