Thursday, April 21, 2011

A little bit emo








The corp is still growing and it seems like we are adding people everyday.  I am going to have to start farming out some responsibilities because between recruiting, getting the corp website up and running, and hauling people's stuff into low sec, I don't seem to actually have time to pew pew. I guess that is a drawback to being successful.

Last night I finally got some free time and we had quite a few guys on so we decided to go on a short roam.  It was an ad hoc roam with a mix of battlecruisers, a battleship, and a couple of cruisers.  The plan was to send a lone rupture ahead as bait as the main gang would gate camp the system and wait for the word to warp in. Since there was supposed to be a huge gate camp at the Todi/Evati gate, I took us around on the back route to give it time to break-up.

It was a pretty quiet night.  We missed a dramiel that was impossible to lock and we missed a drake that was able to burn back to the gate despite being webbed multiple times.  We decided to head back up toward Egmar and play with the Dragoons.  When we got into Evait, we all got GCC from another failed gank and had to wait it out.  I sent the bait alt into Egmar and saw several Dragoons and a couple of pirates in local.  I thought that everyone in the fleet was done with GCC except for one ship so I told everyone to get into Arnher and wait on the Egmar gate.

I started zipping the alt around belts and got engaged by a wolf.  Then a drake and a harpy warped in.  I checked my main and saw that only 3 of my ships were in system in Arnher.  Where the heck were the rest of them?  I gave the command several more times for everyone to get on the gate.  During this time, the bait ruppie was starting to go down. It hit half armor and I saw that the other ships had just entered Arnher so I gave the command for everyone that could to jump in and warp to the bait ship.  I hated to have my fleet split up but there wasn't much choice.  It didn't actually matter because my bait ship died and the targets warped out before anyone even landed.

I was pretty pissed to be honest.  I thought my commands were clear about everyone getting on the gate and being in position.  The only reason I engaged was because I thought everyone was one jump away and on their way.  My bait is dual 1600mm plated and can last a long time.  I'm not sure where the confusion was but apparently if a majority of people weren't clear, the blame lies with me, the FC.

Pet peeves of mine are when people don't pay attention while roaming but I don't think that was the issue here.  I'm trying to figure out how I should have been clearer and I guess I should not have let myself get engaged until everyone was in position.  It had been a slow night I and I was overeager for some kills.

Unfortunately I was too irritated last night to continue.  Since we were close to home and I was too pissed to go on, I left the fleet and called it a night.  I don't mind losses but I hate stupid losses, especially ones caused by my incompetence.

Well I am calmed down now and I need to apologize to my members, especially the new ones who saw me rage quit last night.  Sorry guys. I'm actually a pretty calm guy who understands it's just pixels.

Usually...

No comments:

Post a Comment