Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Whole Lot of Nothing

Things are still working out well with the Black Sail.  We are close to having 20 members, we are working well with our alliance, and there are usually plenty of people on when I log on (at least in the US TZ).  I am still actively recruiting and I hope to fill the EU TZ a little more.

I've FCed a couple more roams where we've gotten kills but no losses.  I've noticed that my FC style is fairly conservative.  I am slow to engage if I am not fairly sure it is in our favor.  I am also quick to order the fleet to bail if I think something heavy is coming.  The positive of this is that I haven't lost many ships under my command.  The negative is that I pass up on a lot of targets that we might have killed.  Once I get a little more used to FCing, I plan on becoming a little more aggressive.  I also need to get used to a variety of ship types.  Right now I feel most comfortable with BC gangs.  Add a couple of ECW ships, HACs, or sniper fits BSs and I get confused.

Last night I was flying around with my bail alt around Hrondmund when I saw a Drake in system.  I let the corp know what was happening and to be prepared to jump in.  I warped to a belt and waited.  The Drake followed me over and engaged my alt.  I pointed him and called for the calvary.  The drake saw the local spike and started burning off.  I tried to burn towards him and maintain point.  Unfortunately my dual plated Rupture flies like a bag of bricks.  My corpmates landed too far off from me and the Drake warped away in structure. While we were sitting near gate thinking about what just happened, another Drake in the same corp as our original target jumped in.  We engaged him but he burned back to gate and jumped in.  It was all very frustrating.

W decided on a roam after this.  In hindsight, we should have just stayed home.  The night was full of missed kills and screw-ups.  We had missed a force recon ship that burned off from us.  We had a Cyclone mwd back to gate and got away.  There was a Stabber we couldn't lock on time.  And then there was the incident where I misunderstood our scout and thought that Tempest Legion was jumping a gang through to us and we bailed.  Turns out it was a lone Tempest BS that our gang of 7 fled from.

After one more frustrating missed target, I called the op and we headed home.  Once we got there, some of us took out our frustration by killing the macro haulers that infest our area.  I guess it's better then nothing and at least we didn't lose any ships.

No comments:

Post a Comment