Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Man With the Plan

We've had a few changes with The Black Sail.  Our CEO has resigned and I am the new CEO of the corp.  When the two of us first decided to form the corp I guess we should have discussed our goals better.  My intention was to have a laid back corp that was focused on just having fun.  I figured that as a newer corp, we would end up with players that were less experienced in piracy and that the kill board would not be a top concern.  I've never been a big fan of corps that were too worried about stats.

Unfortunately, the CEO had the complete opposite view.  He wanted pilots with a lot of experience and he was very focused on the kill board.  There is nothing wrong with that view and most successful corps follow that model.  It's just not how I think though.  We ended up clashing all the time over who to recruit, who to remove from the corp, ect, ect...  It all got very stressful and we were not recruiting the numbers that I wanted.  Once I realized I wasn't having any fun, I announced my intentions to leave the corp.  Well it turns out the CEO wasn't having fun either and he said he would resign and turn the position over to me if I wanted.

Wham bam, I am now the boss.  I ramped up recruiting and we now have more members and people are starting to fly in groups.  Add that to our active alliance and it is rare to have to fly alone.  Our killboard has taken a hit from some of the newer guys as expected.  We have also had some bumps during our ops due to people not being used to working together.  That's to be expected though and is all part of growing as a corp.

We've having fun and that is what really matters.  If you are reading this and think you want to try some piracy with a low stress pirate corp, give me a shout in game.  I expect to recruit about 5 to 7 more pilots before recruiting is closed.

Fly safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment