Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Notice a Pattern Here?

So I have started using a bait alt.  It's great fun to put a Maller or mining ship in a belt and wait for the attack to come.  It's actually made me a little bit lazy because I have stopped roaming and have started just waiting for the fights to come to me.  I've gotten some great kills of it from greedy wannabe pirates.  The great thing is that the ship is fairly cheap and if I feel like I can't handle it, it's no big thing to let the alt take one for the team.

It also produces some funny stories.  There is one pilot in my area that I have been trying to kill for quite some time.  He is a ratter and fairly slippery.  Well the other day I put my bait alt out in one of the belts when I saw him appear in local.  I didn't think anything of it because he is a total carebear.  Imagine my surprise when he appeared in my belt in a Ruppie and locked up my bait alt.

I took the opportunity to warp in and toast him.  As I left, he said in local that my alt was the luckiest guy around.  Since he didn't pick up on the bait bit, I chatted back to him a little bit before he left system.  Fast forward to today and I put my bait alt back out.  Suddenly the same guy appeared in local again with two corp mates.  He was in a battle cruiser but the other two were noobs in a frig and destroyer.  They attacked my alt.

I wasn't too worried so I warped my Stabber Fleet in and locked the BC.  The frig and destroyer bugged out but the BC wasn't long for this world.  As I warped off, the target put in local that he wasn't going to hunt in any system with me in it again because I was too sneaky.  From his comments, it was apparent that he still hadn't put two and two together.  Maybe I will get to kill him again in a day or so.

LOL  I love the bait alt.

*No killmails posted on this post for OPSEC purposes

No comments:

Post a Comment