Friday, March 11, 2011

The One that Sorta Got Away

I was just logging on to change out skills yesterday when I figured I would give the directional a quick check.  I was in the low sec system of Otou and local was pretty empty.  Imagind my surprise when I saw a Dominix Navy Issue on scan.  A quick check of local showed the only possible pilot to be less than 2 months old. No way was I going to log off when this was in system.

I scanned down a plex where I thought he might be at and I warped to it with my mighty Hurricane O' Doom.  I landed right next to him and immediately put a point on him.  The rats had him down to armor and I laid into him.  Unfortunately, his drones killed the last rat and a new wave spawned.  For whatever reason, I got the aggro from the new rats.  I got a sinking feeling in my stomach as my shields went down.  Since I was shield tanked, this was a problem.

I got the Dominix into structure just as I hit mid armor.  I overheated my guns to kill him before the rats got me and I got to see my guns burn out while he was in half structure.  I started spamming friendly chats but there was nobody available to help.

Defeated, I warped out.  I was pissed all day and then I check the killboard later that night and saw this.

I can't believe that guy barely made it out and then came back to low-sec to go ratting.  Ratting in a belt with a half billion isk ship.  Seriously?

The fact that the ship was eventually killed by my own corp makes me feel sooo much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment