Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Highs and Lows

Last night I fleeted up for a roam with CEO Strikilla and corpmate T Ray.  Strik fitted up a Moa. T Ray was in a Rupture and I was in my beloved Stabber Fleet issue.

We roamed down towards Todifraun and didn't really see anything other than a possible gate camp on the Helatild gate (a common thing).  We moved down towards Egmar and I decided to check the little dead-end cluster of systems connected to it.  I came across a Myrmidon that was apparently ratting in a belt.  We all engaged it and realized that this Myrm had a hell of a tank.  Strik had to warp off in structure while T Ray and I continued the fight.  I think T Ray was orbiting in the Myrm's blaster optimal and started taking serious damage.  I tried to break the lock with ECM drones but T Ray went down.  My Stabber hung tough though and the Myrm popped soon afterwards.

It sucked that T Ray lost a ship but the isk ration was still pretty good.  He went off to reship and we continued on.  We dodged a gate camp in Hadozeko (again pretty common) and went further south.  We chased a few targets around the Frerstorn area but couldn't catch anything.  I warped my cloaky alt into a belt to see a Drake sitting there.  The Drake warped off in the direction of planet VII.  I put this over the comms and heard Strik say, "Umm we are sitting at planet VII".  That is why you stay aligned at all times.  T Ray's plate Ruppy was too slow to align and the Drake landed right on top of him.  His second Ruppy went down to the Drake.  We couldn't help because there were several of the Drake's mates sitting on the other side of the gate in BCs.

T Ray decided to call it a night at that point and we headed for home.  While enroute, I stuck my head in the out of the way system of Lasleinur and saw two Hulks on scan at a belt.  There were several people in local but I didn't see any combat ships at all.  This was too good a target to pass up so Strik and I warped to the belt.  One Hulk was aligned (see?) and immediately warped off to a station.  I got point on the other Hulk and knew that we only had a short amount of time before something landed on our face.

I started overheating my guns.  As the Hulk entered structure, I saw a Sleipnir on scan.  I yelled for Strik to get out there.  As the Hulk went down, I aligned and blew out of there just as the Sleipnir appeared on my overview and a Curse showed up on scan.  I was laughing about the kill and escape when Strik said he was going down.  Apparently he got stuck in the belt and couldn't warp in time.

I dodged pursuers until my GCC ran out and I was able to safely dock in Otou.  While I am glad I saved my ship, I feel bad for the other guys.  However it was a very fun fight with the Myrm and the Hulk sneak attack was a real rush.  Hopefully we can get similar kills next time without losing three cruisers.

No comments:

Post a Comment